Friday, April 3, 2009

Quiet

Maybe I should be quiet.
I think too much.
Reading between the lines.
I'm like a water balloon filled up with too much water.
I'm silent now, but sooner or later I'll have to burst.
The scared little girl who thinks too loudly, but could never express it verbally.
Afraid of being ridiculed or shut out completely.
Being a hipicrit to my own self, wanting to be accepted but not wanting to be like anyone else.
Bending to their ways and playing their little games.
False courage creeps into me; I've put on a mask of audacity.
I speak just an inkling of my mind so sure that I will be understood.
All eyes are on me full of belittlement and pity.
I shrink back in disgusted embarrassment.
Maybe I should just be quiet.
I think too much.
Back to my little corner, shriveled up in a ball.
Cover my ears, close my eyes and seal my mouth with wax.
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.
Isn't that the way it's suppose to be?
The minds of the few, too strange to decise.
We stay in our little corners so everyone else can play nice.
Tick-tock, tick-tock...waiting, waiting, waiting...when will it be our turn to play?



Written 11/04/2006

1 comment:

Shadrock said...

Time to get loud
Loud as a lion
Thinking very much
But I stay ahead of the weak ones

Thoughts will no longer be in prison
Ready I am to unload
Like a loaded gun

Once a scared little boy
Now a brave heart man
Full of vigor and courage

They can ridicule and shot out
No worries this Rebel trod alone
No hypocrite with silly intentions
Will be-able to cut I down

Don't care about their conceptions
Never want to be like them
No bowing or bending to their dirty ways

On the highest level I am
No time for their little games
Oppressing with their false courage
Smiling faces is their arrogance

Many parables flow from my mind
Weak minded so they could never overstand
Just understand they can

All eyes pop with fear and astonishment
Hold my head high
And my chest out
Trod against them even harder

Maybe I should squeeze the trigger or sling my blades
Leave them in the corner
Shriveled up in a ball

Cut them off
Melt them out like wax

Ignoring good people
Blind toward good people
Not speaking good about people

They think that is the way it's suppose to be
But the righteous minded are few
They say I are too strange to overstand

No more sitting in the corner
While they continue to oppress
Tick-Tock, tick-tock, tick-tock

Very soon this Rebel
Will go off like a bomb