Friday, April 3, 2009

Miss Anti Social


I can't find what I'm looking for

I can't seem to get where I want to be

A wandering vagabond I am

Never excluded from the world

Yet, never accepted nonetheless

"Such a pretty face," they say.

"It's a shame that she is so strange and dull."

I just don't get it

Me being myself is always so difficult

Confusion is my shadow

I wake up with the moon

And fall asleep with sun

Forever backwards and loving it

Everyday I look at myself in the mirror

And I laugh at myself

"Who is this funny girl?"

The girl with the sad eyes and simple ways

Do I scare you?

Can I make you laugh?

Am I intimidating?

Am I really worth less than nothing?

Where did I come from and where am I going?

What is the true meaning of beauty?

And since when did it become just physical?

Too many questions.

I've revealed too much.

My insides and feelings don't matter to anyone

Only whats on the outside

And how well I can keep up appearances

I cringe and stagger

Outside beauty cannot be judged with inside beauty

The results are tragic

Now all I do is sit quietly

Look what they've made me:

Miss Anti Social



Written December 2006

2 comments:

justmemiked said...

the way you write is honest and truthful. i didn't know that someone else can feel exactly the way i feel. You are a good writer. Thank for doing this you need and we need it. Thanks

Shadrock said...

Well in a world full of funny people, is it a bad thing to be anti social. The people who are in touch with their feelings, their hearts are full of love. Many times people want us to be like them so they can understand or get along with us better. When they realize you are different, then they disrespect in so many ways. In this life I believe just know your self, that all that matters. The funny thing about it, is that they don't know them self. That is why they do so much to trod you down. They don't appreciate the works of people, love and not even life itself. All in all being mis understood leads to isolation of self, then isolation to anti social. Lots of people have these ridiculous ideas of how people in the world should behave, but are they behaving so perfect them self's?