Friday, April 3, 2009

Bittersweet

Happiness.
My ultimate lifes goal.
I crave those happy tears.
Those memorable moments.
I don't want to fall asleep
and dread the rising sun.
Or live my life day to day
going through the motions.
Why am I here?
Who do I live for?
Happiness.
Happiness is what I live for.
Attaining it a chore of its own.
I wish I could smile
for no simple reason,
Simplistic and innocent.
Oh, how I long for my stolen
childhood treasures.
How I crave the happy-go-lucky feel.
In the middle of the night
my soul cries out
"Wake up and move your feet!"
Who wants to come on an adventure with me?
Who wants to touch the sky?
Who wants to smile with me?
Take my hand, lets run away
and never ever look back.
Just happiness, pure happiness.
One day
One life
Once moment
I'll smile myself to sleep.



Written 11/14/06

1 comment:

Shadrock said...

Loneliness burns
Feeling hot
Feeling cold
Lying in bed
Admiring the beautiful moon light

Thinking of perfection in life
What if this
What if that

Meditation is pointless
Prayer is powerless
Enjoying the morning sun rise is just a short joy

Loneliness
How it burns
But yet not enough
To burn away the feeling

The foolish people connect to the foolish things
Rejection of them cause of their hurtful ways

Then whats left
Alone
Loneliness