Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Remember (poem)

I remember the days when my father would hit me in the head and tell me I was stupid,

I remember the day when my dreams died forever,

I remember the day when my mother turned her back on me,

I remember the day when I realized I may never fall in love,

I remember the day when my brother striked me in the face with his fist,

I remember the day when I realized blood was never thicker than water,

I remember the day I cried alone in Kentucky,

I remember the day when I learned I could trust no one,

I remember the day when my mother wouldn't let me come home,

I remember the day when I was stranded alone in the streets,

I remember the days when my father called me a n*gga,

I remember the day when a friend stabbed me in the back

I remember the day when someone told me I wasn't beautiful,

I remember the day when I felt my heart break,

I remember the day when part of my soul died...So many days....

I remember the day when....I remember the day when...

Tell me why do I remember all the wrong days?...



written 11-15-06

4 comments:

NOIRAD said...

Family can be cruel, but feel alone. You will find a beautiful experience that will make you forget all the bad memories.

The Benjamite said...

That's true, we do tend to remember the bad days more than the good. It is a bad habit that even I had to break. Which I have actually done a good job of doing.

Faith is the key. Faith in god and faith in yourself that with god you can over come anything. Depression...I am so beyond that. Remember sister:

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

The world will not love people like you and I, so:

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Have faith and wait for your consolation, for the wicked have already gotten theirs but only for a season. Ours is forever, shalawam.

yayanbenbenjamin

Anonymous said...

I know have you feel, when I think about it I think about this Scripture,

John 15:18
"18. If the world Hate you, Ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

some People have go through hell to get to heaven. But they make it. You'll be fine sis. YAH bless

Anonymous said...

Strength comes in the struggle.