Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Backroads Lead Home

Last night I had a recurring dream that has been plaguing me for the past couple weeks. It seems to be getting more intense each time so I thought it would make a nice blog topic....

It was a sunny day and I had just gotten of work and me and some of my co-workers decided to go to a nearby park to watch a movie that was playing there and have lunch. There were lots of other people already there when we arrived. We found a place to sit under the shade of a tree and spread out a blanket to have our lunch. We had only been relaxing there a few moments before we heard the sound of loud sirens echoing from down the street. We all turned towards the sounds of the sirens and we all saw strange looking fire trucks and police cars whiz by in full speed. They all stopped at a nearby corner. Some people got up to look and I joined in to see what was going on. I saw mechanical (almost robotic) looking men get out of the fire trucks and cop cars. They were arresting people and shoving them into their vehicles. I didn't think it was a big deal so I decided to go back under the tree with my co-workers but when I turned around the park was completely empty. Everyone had vanished. Disappeared. I was the only one left in the park. Even the shade of the tree was gone - the sky was cloudy and it looked like it might rain.

I became very uneasy and jittery because I wasn't sure what to do. I ran back to the place under the tree to see if any of my things were there. I found my food and my backpack still sitting on the ground so I grabbed them and headed for the sidewalk to leave the park. At that particular moment I heard a loud, forceful voice ringing in my ears. It was a man's voice and he was speaking to me. "Don't take the main roads - take the back roads!" I hesitated for a moment and then I heard the voice again repeating the same thing. So I turned around and headed in the opposite direction to take the back roads. It was then that I realized that the police cars and fire trucks were arresting any people they found traveling on the main roads.

I could hear sirens from almost every direction so I started running until I came to a large sky scraper building made out of black glass. I went inside and there were dozens of business people working inside. They seemed unaware of what was going on outside and they didn't notice me either. I found an elevator and decided to hide myself on it. Inside the elevator there were 4 men. One man was black and another one was white. I can't remember the race the other 2 men were. They were all stone cold and had no expressions on their faces except for the black man. He was giving me a strange look. I started praying silently under my breath. The black man turned to me and said, "I can hear what you're saying! It won't work! Who are you talking to?" He started jumping and having seizures. The other 3 men remained still and silent - almost like robots.

I got off the elevator and decided to go back to work. Thats when I heard the same loud, forceful voice again. "Don't go to work! Go home! Something bad is going to happen!" It kept repeating 'something bad is going to happen' over and over in my head. Outside people were still being seized and taken away by the fire trucks and police cars. So I decided to obey the voice and take the back roads and go home.....Then I woke up.

Just a dream...but why do I keep having this dream?

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow...thats a crazy dream. After reading it...i think you would find this series very interesting...its basically a 40 plus part youtube series by PimPb1420 exposing and picking apart the music industry and how it implements a robotic future for us by using these celebrities...idk but you should def check it out..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loe0nzNZLvQ&feature=PlayList&p=6EA4616B4DC3CD58&index=0

Monica said...

Have you made any sense of the dream yet? It seems like there is a hidden message in this dream, and there are numerous things that it could be saying. "don't take the main road, take the back road." That could mean to slow down and take your time instead of trying to rush things or trying to take the easy route. The elevator scene would have freaked me out! I was frightened just reading the dream!

Robyn said...

Amazing, not sure but I think it may have some meaning. I have weird dreams like that all the time and I can never figure out what they mean.


I miss you posts, please please start blogging again....